Donegal Thatched Cottages is a cluster of ten traditional Irish thatched cottages, nestled snugly into the Donegal landscape, in a setting of near perfect peace and beauty. Each cottage has been designed to combine the very best of olde-world charm with the full conveniences of modern living.
The whole concept has been designed to turn the clock back, help slow you down, leave you in the right mood to savour, once again, the simple pleasures in life – like an early morning stroll on a deserted beach, a red sunset over Owey Island, or shared memories around a blazing turf fire.
Each cottage accommodates up to seven persons in rustic, cottage style comfort and comprises porch with traditional half-door, large living/dining room (20′ x 14′) with old fashioned high ceiling, open hearth turf fireplace, fitted kitchen, back hall, bathroom and toilet, one double bedroom with small en-suite, one twin bedroom, and the charmingly quaint loft bedroom with three single beds……a children’s favourite. Side by side with the traditional you enjoy the full comfort of oil-fired central heating, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave oven. Our Cottages in Donegal offer:
- Spectacular island setting, joined by bridge to the mainland
- On the Wild Atlantic Way
- Nestled snugly into the granite rockscape
- Fronting directly onto a beautiful sandy beach
- Eleven other beautiful sandy beaches on Cruit Island
- Open hearth turf fire
- Turf on site
- WIFI, pay as you go
- E.U. designated “Special Area of Conservation”
- World class local walks on Cruit Island
- Perfect setting for a variety of water sports; bring your own canoe, wind sail, wetsuit
- Thoroughly refreshing golf just down the road at widely acclaimed Cruit Island golf links.
- Beginners welcome. Telephone : 074 9543296
- Anglers paradise, with excellent shore, deep-sea and game angling
- Superb rock climbing directly adjacent to cottages
- Profusion of wild flowers
- Rare bird life
- Artist’s and photographer’s delight
- Twice daily connecting flights from Dublin to Donegal International Airport, only 10kms from cottages. Telephone : 074 9548284
- Local car hire. Telephone : 074 9548469
- We regret no pets
- Traditional music; old style pubs; local taxi service; fresh seafood; excellent restaurants; island trips….Tory, Arranmore, Gola, Owey; pony trekking; bicycles for hire; mountain climbing; Glenveagh National Park; Dunlewey Lakeside Centre; Glencolumbkille Folk Village; Grianan Ailigh Visitor Centre; Doagh Visitor Centre; Mount Errigal; Slieve League; Gaeltacht areas where Irish is the spoken language.
HOW TO BOOK AT DONEGAL THATCHED COTTAGES
- Click on Terms and Conditions and read carefully. Please note that we do not accept pets.
- Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability for the period in question and receive an exact quotation.
- Fill in our Reservation Form in full and click Submit Reservation.
- We will reply confirming your reservation and the amount you are due to pay. Simply make payment using our Online Payments page